Sunday, December 9, 2007
20 Tips - How To Be Romantic
1. Rebuild your love life - Work on yourself first. The relationship will follow. Two broken people cannot fix each other. Do something loving for yourself today, and then come back and do something loving for your partner.
2. Be honest with yourself - Only you can do the work that you alone need. Learning to love yourself first teaches you how to love others. Learn to love you. Only then will you have the kind of love your partner needs. Only then.
3. Begin all over again - Begin with a fresh start. Remember when you first met and everything was great? Each of you seemed to know what to do. The relationship was everything you wanted, right? Become re-acquainted. Get to know each other all over again. Begin by wooing each other like you did back then. Think a minute on those special moments. Think about those moments again.
4. Resolve now to recreate those good times. You can begin your fresh start in your love life any moment you choose. Forgive yourself for your mistakes. It's time to move forward and without regrets.
5. Establish a love life enhancement goal - What is your relationship goal? What is most important to you and to your partner? Spend quality time together talking about what is important to both of you. Set some love life goals. Write them all down on paper. Setting goals will allow you both to control the direction of change you wish for. To follow a new path without knowing where it leads is like walking into a maze.
6. Develop a love life sense of humor - Laugh about anything or nothing at all for 1 minute of each day. Show your loved one your lighter side. Smile and then smile again. It's very catching. Cultivate the positive by only looking at the bright side of things for a change.
7. Claim your bliss - Be happy now! It's your choice. Live and love to your absolute fullest and watch as the sparks start to fly.
8. Cultivate togetherness - Plan to spend time together. The key now is to "plan." Stand by what you plan. Keep your commitments to be only with your partner. Work on this together and you will accomplish much more.
9. Cultivate calm - Don’t let disagreements spoil your love life. Freely offer words such as, "I'm sorry," when needed and then put it behind you. Don't waste valuable time nursing a quarrel. Someone has to be first to back down -- might as well be you. Your love life will not thrive in an atmosphere of discord.
10. Don't allow negative behavior to rule your love life - When the relationship is strained, it can sink very quickly. Sometimes you don't do what your partner wants you to do, so he/she becomes upset and even distant. Agree to allow each other to make your own choices. Remember, women will respond quickest to a man's action or lack of action. Men will respond quickest to a woman's attitude.
11. Take good care of yourself. When you feel tension present in your love life it is easy to reach for inappropriate food, alcohol or drugs. This is a big mistake. Resolve to pamper yourself. A healthy mind and body will translate into a healthy love life.
12. Sleep until rested. You can’t make up for lost sleep. When you are well rested you are loving yourself and then you have more to offer your loved one.
13. Give genuine gifts! - Take the time to pay sincere gifts of love. Offer genuine compliments often. Offer generous praise for your partner. The road to prosperity in your love life will be paved with a commitment to generosity towards your partner.
14. Feel close to your partner. We feel closest to those who cause us to feel good about ourselves. Lavish expressions of love on your partner. Bring them straight from the heart.
15. Show appreciation. Nurture your love life with warmth and goodwill. This inspires your partner to want to please you. Appreciation is among the top ten needs for most people.
16. Exercise better choices - This is a great gift. It requires that you do not repeat the bad choices you have made in your love life that have brought you to this point in time. You will get what you focus on. Look for and see the goodness in your partner. This will spur you on to even better choices.
17. Show affection! - There is great healing in your power of touch. Hold hands. Kiss in your car. Give your partner a massage. Spend time holding and caressing. Give your partner an extended hug every day; one that lasts several minutes. Purpose to touch each other every day.
18. Celebrate your love life! - Plan for special days in romantic ways. Make a note of very special days. The ones that belong just to the two of you; your first date, when you first made love, when you moved into your home, the day you got married, the day of the proposal. Plan something really special.
19. Fun, fun, fun! - Kick your heels up and play like a kid again. Tell your partner you want to enjoy what he or she enjoys and then spend the entire day together. Make a commitment to do this regularly.
20. Dress up and go out on the town. - Go on a date and dress to the nines! Make it a special night; even rent a tuxedo or buy a new dress. Make advance reservations for a classy restaurant. Delight in all the planning.